For those of you who live in Christchurch, you are the lucky chosen ones to have the first ever New Zealand Mecca Maxima store – and I am beyond jealous! The new store is an addition to the gorgeous Mecca Cosmetica stores that are in Auckland and Wellington. With the new super-sized store it also brings new brands to New Zealand, including my absolute fave, Too Faced!
Although the Christchurch Mecca Maxima may be a little out of reach for some, do not despair! You can shop all the beautiful goodness at meccabeauty.co.nz. To celebrate and before the silly season (and Mecca always stocks the BEST limited edition Christmas items) I thought I would put together a list of my top picks. Whether you want to use it to buy gifts for friends, treat yourself or send this on as a hint to a certain someone, these gifts are bound to bring joy come Christmas morning.
1. First on the list is Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced. The name certainly says it all and it is an absolute cult beauty product. If you love full, voluminous, luscious lashes I guarantee you will love it. And whilst some mascaras can be very pricey, this will just set you back by $35.00.
Better Than Sex Mascara, Too Faced, RRP $35.00.
2. Whilst we are on lashes, here is a little limited edition number for you. The Power Curl Eyelash Curler by Kit Cosmetics. Does the trick and is absolutely gorgeous, I leave mine on display on my makeup desk.
Power Curl Eyelash Curler, Kit Cosmetics, $28.00.
3. Because it is summer and we live in New Zealand this is a must-have in everyone’s collection. Protect your skin from harmful rays with the Sun Seeker Deluxe Sun Collection by Mecca Cosmetica. It is a three piece set with SPF essentials all in a cute pouch that is perfect for the beach. This specific sunscreen is great as a makeup primer – tried and tested!
Sun Seeker Deluxe Sun Collection, Mecca Cosmetica, $50.00.
4. At the top of my Christmas wishlist (Marco if you are reading this), is The Artistry Edit 8 Piece Brush Collection by Mecca Cosmetica. This claims to contain every brush you need, are full sized and coated in rose gold. All their brushes are insanely soft and I need them in my life!
The Artistry Edit 8 Piece Brush Collection, Mecca Cosmetica, $187.00.
5. This one is just beautiful. The Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light by Hourglass, it’s the most luxe edition of the ambient lighting edit yet. The complexion perfecting powders are set in a beautiful marble palette.
Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light, Hourglass, $127.00.
6. The Naturally Nude Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set by Stila is the perfect stocking filler. These liquid lipsticks are luxurious and don’t dry out your lips, all put together in a trio of gorgeous shades.
Naturally Nude Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set, Stila, $30.00.
7. For the special someone in your life, this is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. The Roll On Oil Mojave Ghost by Byredo is a beautiful full bodied, warm floral scent inspired by the Mojave Ghost flower. I always have this in my handbag!
Roll On Oil Mojave Ghost, Byredo, $89.00.
8. Lastly but most definitely not least is the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection by Too Faced. My most favourite palette of the moment, it contains 16 to-die-for shades for endless eye looks. Infused with cocoa powder, it provides the sweetest application. All shadows are buttery and beautifully pigmented – and of course named after sweet things!
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection, Too Faced, $78.00.
Enjoy shopping and don’t feel guilty for treating yourself! I certainly don’t 😉 All items are available online at meccabeauty.co.nz.